Cardiovascular Technologist/Cardiac Cath Tech Weirton, WV Posted: 6/29/2022
Contract Full Time
STAT Resources is currently seeking a Cardiovascular Technologist/Cardiac Cath Tech for a 13-week contract position with our client in Weirton, WV. The schedule for this position is 5:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., weekdays and On-Call. Equipment used is: Phillips and GE Hybrid.
Assists RN in special procedures room; assembles procedure trays; obtain proper supplies; directly assists physician performing arteriograms, heart catherization or other special procedures. Duties may also include the performance of diagnostic radiology service required in examinations, care and treatment of hospital patients.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets up sterile trays for scheduled cases
- Prepares arterial puncture site and creates a sterile field and demonstrates appropriate skin/sterile field prep for each specific procedure
- Helps set up dye, monitoring, or flush lines for procedures requiring them.
- Flushes all catheters, monitoring, or flush lines for procedures requiring them.
- Directly assists physician performing diagnostic and interventional cardiac and vascular special procedures
- Orders supplies as needed from storeroom and maintain appropriate level of stock to maintain adequate PAR levels for the department
- Removes soiled linen from special procedures room and transports contaminated instruments and devices to Central processing for proper sterilization
- Charges used items through computer and orders needed supplies from outside vendors (as previously approved).
- Adheres to all sterile/isolation and OSHA standards
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- CPR certified
- Medical background and knowledge of sterile technique preferred.
- Graduate of a radiology technology program or cardiovascular technology program
STAT RESOURCES is the preferred medical staffing provider for facilities in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Delaware and New Jersey Areas. We offer various healthcare temporary staffing services to meet our client's specific needs. STAT works closely with some of the best companies and hiring managers in the industry and has the resources, techniques and insights to help you succeed in your job search. Our recruiters will work with you one on one to discover your skills, understand your background, and get you where you want to go in your career. By using our services, you have the best chance of receiving an offer. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. To learn more about STAT and view all of our open positions, please visit www.statresources.com or give us a call at 724-733-3010.