Certified Medical Assistant Philadelphia, PA Posted: 6/21/2022
Contract Full Time
STAT Resources is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) for a five-month contract position with our client in Philadelphia, PA.
The Medical Assistant will perform routine delegated clinical patient care duties in the health system medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure the office runs smoothly. The delegated tasks are within the supervising physician's scope of practice and consistent with the medical assistant are education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of exam, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to react and communicate clearly, calmly and effectively.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Perform care according to age specific competencies.
- Daily clinic preparation process; registration, scheduling, charge posting, order entry.
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff. Ability to work effectively in a team.
Education & Certifications:
- High School/GED required
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
- Must be certified: AAMA Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), American Medical Technologist Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), National Center for Competency: National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- One (1) year of work experience required
- Experience in a medical office setting preferred
STAT RESOURCES is the preferred medical staffing provider for facilities in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Delaware and New Jersey Areas. We offer various healthcare temporary staffing services to meet our client's specific needs. STAT works closely with some of the best companies and hiring managers in the industry and has the resources, techniques and insights to help you succeed in your job search. Our recruiters will work with you one on one to discover your skills, understand your background, and get you where you want to go in your career. By using our services, you have the best chance of receiving an offer. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. To learn more about STAT and view all of our open positions, please visit www.statresources.com or give us a call at 724-733-3010.